Thursday, May 15, 2008

What the heck?

Okay, I'm all about respecting the elderly, and most human beings in general, but sometimes you just gotta say "What the heck?!" Rob and I have been doing our regular workouts for 4 or 5 weeks-ish now. I've come to know my strengths and weaknesses and my workout preferences and, I'll be... I have muscles! But, these old people on the weight machines need to be taught some stinkin manners! Oy! They just jump in front of you, do 5 reps of 100 and b.s. between each rep with the other geezers without even a bit of concern for the poor housewife glaring at them to cut the b.s. and get off the stinkin machine! Today was the straw that broke the camels back. I've always been a bit intimidated by the old folks that seem to hover like buzzards around the weight machines, so I didn't use them for the first few weeks. I had one of the Y employees help me get more familiar and comfortable with the machines, so I've been trying to use them, between the geezers. Today, the geezers jumped in front of me, as usual, and did their thing. Well, I decided to just go around and skip on to do my abs (yuck)and come back. After I killed myself on the ball I strolled over to discover that the old lady was standing up bs'ing right in front of the machines, so I asked (as my husband told me to do... "They can't read your mind" he say's... pshaw) if I could use the machine. She said that she just had one more set to do then she'd be done. Her husband asked her what weights she was using on the machine he was using next to her and then proclaimed that he was on "sixty". Then she gets off the machine and before I know it, he's on it for his 10 reps of 500!!!!! OMG!!!! That's it. I'll just have to find an alternate means of strengthening my legs, I guess, because they are ALWAYS there... hovering over the machines. Man it makes me angry though. G'eesh.

1 comment:

Mendy said...

You handled it WAY better than I would. I'd had asked, then I'd complained when it was my turn and dude jumped in. You pay your membership just like they do, in fact you probably pay more than they do and you need to have your time to the machines as well. I'd talk to staff, don't let them be the cause for you not to get your workouts in. Good luck on this one! :-)

http://josslynsmom.blogspot.com/

My Diva

My Diva
Josie

My Sweetheart

My Sweetheart