Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Seriously... Don't Read This


I have nothing much to talk about except how much I hate the heat. And no, as David pointed out, at least it's not Charleston heat. I should be counting my blessings. But, in Charleston I had AIR CONDITIONING! Now, mind you that we are not the only people in this God forsaken area without a/c. It doesn't make sense economically for most when there's usually just a handful of these unbearably hot days here. My mom rescued Josie and I from the heat yesterday. We went to the beach and then she took us back to her and father's air conditioned home so that we could compose ourselves and wait for Daddy to pick us up when he got off work. The beach was a little rough. It was so windy that the sand was kicking up and stinging our legs. So, we plopped our beach chairs on the waters edge. But the waves were so rough that they kept pounding us and bringing in sand and seaweed. Yes, I know I'm *%$#*ing. I warned you not to read this. The good thing about the beach was that we never once complained about the heat! Mom & Dad's house was divine, though. Josie and I got to take a bath in their nice big garden tub. Josie loved it... she splashed and hopped around happily babbling as she went. And then we got out, dried off, and our clothes didn't stick to us! Yay! I love air conditioning.

On the upside, today is supposed to the last day of this heat. Tomorrow's high is 75 and we'll be back to the good old NE Ohio summer weather that I know and love. I'll have to throw myself back into my housework tomorrow and the rest of the week. Seeing as I haven't done a thing in about a week. Dustballs are dancing around our bed. Dishes are stacked in the sink. -I do my best using plastic cups and plates, but stuff accumulates anyway. How is that? Our hardwood floors have little doggie prints in them. And then there's the carpeting. Ugh. Yuck. I must shampoo it again this week, I think.

Thanks for the tip on posting photos in my blog, Mendy. I don't have any blog related to add this time so I'll just add this. It's Josie with no clothes on (because it's too freakin hot), playing with the dog bowls on the kitchen floor.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, your day sounds terrible. Mine was great. I got to answer the phone and send BRP emails :)

WOOT!

Mendy said...

Hey Rox, no prob! It took me a while to figure all this bloggin' stuff out. Wow, Josie looks just like you! I want to see her in person sometime soon. She's so precious!! And to be one! wow...

Sounds like a fun time you are having, and not having to worry about a full-time job either. Glad you are enjoying Motherhood!!

http://josslynsmom.blogspot.com/

My Diva

My Diva
Josie

My Sweetheart

My Sweetheart