So my two readers are asking about the new house... thank you, Mendy & David!
The new house is grrrrrrrreat! It's smaller and not as pretty. But the trade-offs are well worth it. I don't have any pics because Rob seems to always have the camera with him. But I will try soon, before it's covered in snow! If I remember correctly, our first snow came in time for our anniversary last year. Can you believe it? I digress. We do like it, really. Our neighbors are absolutely awesome. And Josie and I have been to the beach/park everyday that it hasn't rained since we moved... Hmm... maybe that's why I haven't finished unpacking.
One of my neighbors happens to run a cute little cafe in the village (sounds quaint, huh?) and mentioned that she needed some help. And well, Rob and I just happen to need some help with our finances, so we made a match. I now wait tables on Friday evenings. The cafe closes at 9:00, and I am home by 9:30. It's fabulous! I'm helping to make money for our trip to Puerto Rico in a few weeks, and then I'll tackle Christmas. BTW, Mendy, don't mention the PR trip to Brenda... due to our financial situation the trip is guilt ridden for us. But, we bought the airline tickets from Priceline with our tax refund and cannot get a refund, of course.
I found a cheaper than cheap hotel in Puerto Rico, so we're pretty stoked about that. We were considering camping on the beach! The hotel is pretty nasty, from what I gather from the reviews. It has communal bathrooms, fellow travelers recommend bringing your own linens, and the staff doesn't speak a lick of English, oh and it's above a disco, buuuut we'll have a roof over our heads. I guess there probably isn't a complimentary continental breakfast... Funny side note, Rob & I are attempting to learn a bit of spanish before we go. I never thought THAT would happen. Based on the Frommer's travel guide, we picked a fantastic location to go and be broke in. I am so EXCITED I can't stand it. I am dreading being away from my precious for 5 nights though. I hope she remembers who I am when we get back.
What else is going on in our world? Hmmm... Well, Rob had a nasty cold over the past few days, and has bestowed it upon me. Lucky me. I just hope Josie doesn't get it. I have imbibed in a night time cold med this evening though, so I should go before I start getting loopy. Ciao.

5 comments:
That does sound like an exciting trip. You see so much of the local flavor when you are off the beaten path like that. I'm glad you guys are settling in and are much happier in the new place. Sounds like a great little community. And close to the beach!
And yes, I do still eat good pizza. Some addictions are tough to kick! ;-)
Hey, I'm a reader too! I hope you take a bunch of pics in PR. That is so cool that you guys get to go on such an adventure. Congrats on the new digs and the new job. I think I'm going to start calling Greer "the village" :-)
Pssstt... your secret is safe with me. Guess it's good I haven't given out my blog address yet... hehe
Anyway, have fun on the PR trip, and stay safe. Takes lots of pictures! Miss you guys a ton.
BTW, Brenda gave me a picture of Josie. She's soo adorable.
hey... i live in a "village," too! that is so hip and quaint.
oooh, you are going to have so much fun in p.r.! sounds like your accommodations are a hostel-type place? what an awesome way to travel. don't forget your sunscreen, dear!
so glad to find your blog... love the slideshow. josslyn is stunning.
ruv you,
courtney
Post a Comment