Ahhhh, the autumn chill is finally in the air. I love it. I love this brief period in NE Ohio where we get to enjoy cool temperatures, clear skies, and the lake is just sooo... serene. I swear it's calmer and bluer in the fall. It is the most tranquil place on earth. I think I may have to steal away and go there this evening after Rob gets home from work. Things have been so stressful moneywise these days. I need to re-group and remember what's most important. The bills will get paid... eventually. I have my Josie, and my awesome husband, and our health. I wish I could say the same for Rob's Grandma, Betty. She's lying in a hospital bed struggling with life and death right now.
Betty Ervin is a fantastic woman. She's a Godly woman that raised her children with strong moral values, and those same values are being instilled all the way through to the 3rd generation today. I pray that I am strong enough to carry this on so that Josie and our future children will do the same. I pray that I will display the same strength, grace, class and whimsy that she does everyday. No matter how she is feeling, she's still the same woman. I so admire that. God bless you, Ms. Betty. We love you.
On a more cheerful note, Rob's Mom made Josie a halloween costume. I think it's just perfect. She's the bestest pumpkin on the block! Check her out.
3 comments:
Hey Rox,
I just had a minute to check out your blog and see what has been going on in the life of the Ervins. I LOVED the picture of Josie and Owen and of course the pumpkin - so cute! I am sorry to hear about Rob's grandmother. I hope she starts feeling better really soon. If there is anything I can do from down here, please let me know. Puerto Rico also sounded very nice. The beach was beautiful. Hopefully we will get to talk again sometime soon! Happy Halloween :-) Or Fall Festival, or something!
Praying for Betty, Rox. I've been talking to Brenda regularly lately. Know I'm here for you and Rob too.
Also, chica - I tried called you a few minutes ago - I must have the wrong number. When you get a chance, give me a call. I want to find out what size munchkin is in. Going through Grace's clothes!
Cute pic! Hope she was warm enough in the frozen north... :-)
Betty is in our thoughts and prayers. She has always struck me as a great woman.
Post a Comment