What a great weekend we just had! I'm refreshed just thinking about, despite still recovering from the flu.
I was the coolest wife on earth Friday by allowing Rob to go to the shooting range with friends without guilt (on his only day off this week). He had a very good time and proudly showed me his swiss cheese like targets reminiscent of a pre-schooler with their first art project when he returned. Then, I went to work. Not so good for me, but it was good for Rob and Josie. It's good for them to bond without me hovering around telling Rob what he's not doing right or what needs to be done next. -I'm such a witch sometimes.
Saturday, I dropped Rob off at work and headed to Conneaut to catch a ride with one of my bestest friends to Erie, to try on and order bridesmaid dresses for a wedding we're both in for our bff, Lindsay. We had a girls only lunch after the dresses (so we could stuff our faces without having to worry about fitting in to a dress) at Olive Garden. Yum-o. Love the zupa tuscana (sp?), salad and breadsticks. Ugh. Then Josie and I headed to my Mom & Dad's for my secret baby drop-off. Rob had no idea. I arranged for Mom & Dad to keep her overnight so Rob and I could have a much needed date night. I picked him up from work with a change of clothes and a mischievous look on my face. He was intrigued. I brought him his flannel lined Carhart jeans and wool socks. Yup. That's right. We went ice skating! First we had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (he loves that place) and then we hit the ice. We were giddy. And we were done after the first 15 minutes. Holy cow. Ice skating really hurts your shins! I yearned to flex my feet. We skated on despite our pain, to get our moneys worth. We finally called it quits after about an hour and a half. We then traveled home at a maximum of 40 mph because, appropriately, we were in the middle of a blizzard when we walked out of the ice skating rink. We stopped at Sheetz for some yummy freshly made hot chocolate, of course. You just can't have an evening of ice skating and blizzards without it! And then we stopped at the grocery store for a multi-pack of Kleenex with lotion, oj and anti-oxidant rich pomegranate juice. Yup, I was smack dab in the middle of fighting off the flu. I had been planning this evening for a week and would not be defeated, so I made sure we carried through with my plans. I was probably quite a sight skating around the rink, trying to balance with arms flailing, fists stuffed with Kleenex and my nose as red as Rudolph's. We made it home and I went to bed numb from my NyQuil induced buzz.
Sunday I laid on the couch all day while Rob was at work and Josie was still at my Mom & Dad's. It was just what the doctor ordered. By the time we went to pick her up and have dinner with Mom & Dad, I was an upright walking human being again.
What a restful and rejuvenating weekend. Ahhh. Bliss.

No comments:
Post a Comment