Rob finally received the call we've been awaiting since November. BMW needs his help. Temporarily. Veeeerrrrry temporarily. We're jumping on it, nonetheless. So, for the next four weeks I will not really see my husband. He'll be working, with no exageration, 63 hours a week. That plus his lunch hour and drive time, leaves him home for 12 hours a day, seven days a week. He'll get to sleep, perhaps catch a meal and pretty much be on his way again. I'm trying to be optimistic about this. I'll have a chance to really get our family on a schedule, as he'll no longer working the chaotic retail hours. I'll have a chance to get my Couch to 5K program really going. Maybe I'll even have time to host a playdate for our local Mom's Meet-Up group. Maybe. In the meantime, we're praying for favor and that the powers that be will be so impressed with his skills and hard work that they'll just have to hire him full-time and perhaps give him a day or two off.
Monday, February 22, 2010
This 'N That
I'm trying really to avoid something and I'm doing really well so far. So well in fact, that I've forgotten what it was... something about housework. I don't know. So, here's a pic of Josie in the hat and scarf set I made for her. So cute. The hat and scarf are pretty cute, too! : ) And one of these days I'll figure out a less complicated way of turning these pics. Right now, it's just too much work.
And here's a pic of Josie after we made a Playdoh breakfast last week. Notice the fried eggs, ham, brocoli, "spaghetti" and pizza. Yummm...
Far be it from me to exclude one of my little lovelies, here's a short video of Jilli walking. I really try hard to not compare the two, but at this age, it's so hard not to. Josie didn't start walking until she was 16 months old. Once she did, she never looked back. And on the evening of her first steps she paraded triumphantly around the room as if to say, "Hey everyone, come see what I'm doing!" Now, Jilli on the other hand hasn't quite made the commitment to walking. But, she was only 10 months old when she made her first steps. And honestly, we prefer she not walk, because she's such a silent little thing when she's walking and if we turn our backs for an instant, she's gone. It feels pretty silly, and perhaps a bit neglectful, having to walk around the house calling for an eleven month old's whereabouts.
Rob finally received the call we've been awaiting since November. BMW needs his help. Temporarily. Veeeerrrrry temporarily. We're jumping on it, nonetheless. So, for the next four weeks I will not really see my husband. He'll be working, with no exageration, 63 hours a week. That plus his lunch hour and drive time, leaves him home for 12 hours a day, seven days a week. He'll get to sleep, perhaps catch a meal and pretty much be on his way again. I'm trying to be optimistic about this. I'll have a chance to really get our family on a schedule, as he'll no longer working the chaotic retail hours. I'll have a chance to get my Couch to 5K program really going. Maybe I'll even have time to host a playdate for our local Mom's Meet-Up group. Maybe. In the meantime, we're praying for favor and that the powers that be will be so impressed with his skills and hard work that they'll just have to hire him full-time and perhaps give him a day or two off.
Rob finally received the call we've been awaiting since November. BMW needs his help. Temporarily. Veeeerrrrry temporarily. We're jumping on it, nonetheless. So, for the next four weeks I will not really see my husband. He'll be working, with no exageration, 63 hours a week. That plus his lunch hour and drive time, leaves him home for 12 hours a day, seven days a week. He'll get to sleep, perhaps catch a meal and pretty much be on his way again. I'm trying to be optimistic about this. I'll have a chance to really get our family on a schedule, as he'll no longer working the chaotic retail hours. I'll have a chance to get my Couch to 5K program really going. Maybe I'll even have time to host a playdate for our local Mom's Meet-Up group. Maybe. In the meantime, we're praying for favor and that the powers that be will be so impressed with his skills and hard work that they'll just have to hire him full-time and perhaps give him a day or two off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://josslynsmom.blogspot.com/
My Diva
Josie

3 comments:
So, yes, I am a stalker because you JUST posted this and I'm ALREADY commenting, but comments are the sunshine to a blogger's soul, right? You crack me up...love the avoidance thing. I'm doing that as we speak. Congrats on BMW. Maybe they'll give Rob one to take home as a consolation prize when the 4 weeks is up.
I LOVE having a blog stalker. Without you I'd have almost no comments!
And yes, wouldn't that be wonderful if they gave us one to take home?! I have heard rumor of a discount, but that would have to be a pretty serious discount for us!
I'm a stalker too!!! So happy to hear the good news with Rob! I've always wanted a BMW, now I know right where to go!! Love the scarf and hat you made for Josie. I haven't even finished the scarf I made last year when I was pregnant. She's so darn cute. So cool to hear Jill is walking.....maybe our little guy will start soon too. Love Ya!!
Post a Comment