#25 This is a big one... Jilli does not have cystic fibrosis as the doctor had made me fear!
#26 Relief. The most relief I have felt in, oh forever! The moment the nurse said that the sweat test was "normal" I started to cry. The most powerful, cleansing cry I have ever felt, I think. I washed away all the ugly fears and doubts that had consumed my every thought and being for the last seven days, since the day the doctor said it might be cystic fibrosis. Beautiful, big, cleansing tears. Praise God!
Now we still have to deal with whatever is wrong with my baby girl. But whatever it is, I'm convinced it's not nearly as bad as cystic fibrosis would have been. I actually think it may be celiac disease, and that's the test results we're waiting on now. While celiac disease is nothing to sneeze at, Jilli will have to watch her diet for the rest of long, unmedicated life, unlike if the diagnosis had been cystic fibrosis.
I'm going to sleep a long and happy sleep tonight!

2 comments:
whoa, you've been busy! I'm so glad to hear that you guys have moved and the news about your baby girl. maybe we can get together sometime.
I'd love that! Let's e-mail to make plans.
Post a Comment