I think Rob and I should be moving consultants. This will be our 5th move in 5 years of marriage. Mind you, our first move was because the apartment had an extremely leaky roof, so the managers asked us to move so they could properly repair it. The third move was because the owner passed away and his family wanted us out so they could sell it... I think that place is STILL vacant. Ha, ha they could have been collecting our rent money all this time! The fourth move was to move from SC to Ohio. And this fifth move is well... extremely necessary to maintain what I have left of my sanity. And why is that, you ask? Let me count the ways...
1) We will be saving money on gas, because Rob will only have a 25 minute commute, rather than a 45 minute one.
2) The closer distance also means that Josie and I can drop Rob off for work easier and have the car for a day, if we want. But, with reason number three, I don't know why we'd ever need to have the car.
3) We'll be 1/2 a mile from the beach! The beach, I tell you! Not such a fine selling point in the winter, but summer will be grand.
4) It is a much smaller house, which I have chosen to view as a positive because it will take much less time to clean.
5) It is a much smaller house, which I have also chosen to view as a positive because it will cost a lot less to heat.
And number six. This is the kicker.
6) I drove through the neighborhood to check out the house and see what it was like on a normal evening and there was (I can hardly believe it) no screaming and fighting unsupervised adolescents in the road, nor alcoholic couples shouting obscenities or fist fighting, no filthy-nasty-please-call-the-health-department-because-they-have-4-dogs-and-who-knows-how-many-cats-living-in-the-house-without-ever-going-outside-and the house smells so badly that within a 1/2 mile radious you want to vomit neighbors (yes, they're right next door to us, yay), no thug teenagers fighting their pitbulls across the street from our new home, and no thug teenagers speeding through the neighborhood with their tin-can "system" blaring! There was, however one father and adolescent son playing catch in the road. This, I can live with! And yes, all those things really did happen at the house we are currently living in. How we missed all that during our brief visit before we moved in, I don't know.
I can hardly wait to open my windows to a fresh breeze, take Josie outside in the front yard without being heckled or cursed at, and walk to the beach! Ah!
So, yes, we are moving AGAIN. But this time it really is for a good reason. We get the keys to the new place on August 24. We are to be officially out of this place by August 31. Wish us luck!

1 comment:
I can't beleive how much you've moved! Crazy.!!! I only want to move one more time. Glad you're going to a safer place!!!
((smiles))
Post a Comment