Saturday, March 1, 2008

Winter Blahs

I haven't blogged much lately, because I haven't felt very creative or newsworthy. It's winter. Blah. It's almost over, praise God! Last winter, I wouldn't take Josie out in the cold if it was under 40 degrees. Hah. This year I've dragged her out to "play" in the snow and go for walks quite a bit. She doesn't seem to mind, though. I think she's getting just as tired of being stuck in the house as I am. Last week, we went for a walk around the block (she looked like a life size walking pink peep because she was bundled up so much, so very cute) and I had to pick her up and carry her into the house. She didn't want to come in. Sigh. Me neither, Joz. Me neither.
I am currently suffering through another cycle of seemingly being the only person I know that is not pregnant. Well, except for Buffey, who just had her third little bundle of joy yesterday! (Yaaaaay, Buffey!) It was this way just before Josie was conceived, too. Knowing that, I have hope. I am genuinely happy for all my friends and family that are pregnant this time around, too. It's a nice place to be... genuinely happy for others. I kinda like it.
We are trying to plan a trip to DC next month to visit friends and our nations capital. I think it's one of Rob's favorite places to be on the planet. I'm just looking forward to being in a big metropolis and seeing my girls Sarah and Tise again.
We joined the Y last month. I'm loving it. I try to go no less than 3 times a week. I started the Couch to 5K program again, on the treadmill this time. It feels so good to be exercising again. Why do I stop?
I finally got a bite on the ads I placed for childcare in our home this week. The mom and baby are coming over tomorrow for an "interview". I'm so nervous! I find myself washing curtains and scrubbing walls. Is she really going to notice if my curtains are clean, for goodness sake?! Probably not. I know, I know. I'm insane.
With that, I'll leave you with a pic I took of our little "Ellie John" this week.

1 comment:

Mendy said...

Gosh, she's growing so much Rox! I just found out my friend, Jennifer is preggers, and we saw a newborn just Saturday from friends in our small group. Plus there are 3 other pregnant women in our small group and our small group is "small". So many people! I feel ya...

I think it's terrific doing the couch to 5K program. I've sent those links to friends that want to do a 5K but don't run. Of course you know our blogs are about running, but mostly - there are a LOT of good running inspiration from the ones we read. You ought to check some of them out. We are all on different levels but share that same interest.

http://josslynsmom.blogspot.com/

My Diva

My Diva
Josie

My Sweetheart

My Sweetheart